Welcome to the Center for Spiritual Intelligence ®
Spirituality refers to what is most essential to the heart of human experience. Spiritual Intelligence® refers to various skills and abilities that empower you to live in harmony with your highest values and move unswervingly towards your life goals.
The Center for Spiritual Intelligence offers a variety of educational services including classes and individual and group instruction via live meetings, teleconference and other electronic formats. The Center also publishes and distributes course materials, articles, and print and electronic books about Spiritual Intelligence and its application to various problems in human growth and development.
We are here to help you with your spiritual journey and achieve your learning goals. We use a range of practices that empower real change and promote the development of human potential including mindfulness, spiritual meditation, imagery, chanting, song, study of spiritual texts, and spiritual direction.
Our Approach to Spirituality
Our approach is guided by the Kabbalistic Tree of Life, a road map for spiritual success and developing Spiritual Intelligence. Spiritual Intelligence refers to the ability to practice and integrate the spiritual polarities of intuitive wisdom and practical knowledge, love and responsibility, and energetic action and humility. The goals of practice include the development of mindfulness, awareness of the divine, choosing an ethical path and acting in accordance with one’s chosen values of for the benefit of self, others, community and the world.
What is Spiritual Intelligence?
Spiritual Intelligence®SM refers to the skills, abilities and behaviors required to
- develop and maintain a relationship to the Ultimate Source of All Being,
- succeed in the search for meaning in life,
- find a moral and ethical path to help guide us through life, and
- act out our sense of meaning and values in our personal life and in our interpersonal relationships.
The skills and abilities that compose SI are derived from the ten divine Sefirot (pl; singular= sefirah) or emanations of God that are described in the mystical literature of the Kabbalah. Each sefirah has its own characteristics and energy (for example, wisdom, love, strength, healing), which is reflected in every individual. The descriptions of these characteristics and some of the ways in which you can develop them are described on the Competencies and Practices pages of our web site. The task of each individual is to develop the optimal expression of each sefirah that will enable him or her to achieve the goals of Spiritual Intelligence described above.
The basic skills and abilities of Spiritual Intelligence® are derived from the following ten Sefirot:
- Chachmah – Intuitive Wisdom
- Binah – Reasoned Understanding
- Da’at – Knowing, Will and Intention
- Hesed – Compassion and Love
- Gevurah – Focused Power and Justice
- Tiferet – Healing and Forgiveness
- Netzach – Living with Zeal
- Hod – Living with Dignity, Empathy and Commitment
- Yesod – Creative Connection & Service
- Malchut – Kingdom of God / Happiness and Fulfillment/Life with Optimal Spiritual Intelligence